AntOS web desktop 0.1.11-alpha release
(click image for the full size version)
- Core UI that facilitates the GUI development of application. The core UI provides some basic UI elements such as Button, list view, grid view, Hbox, Vbox, menu, Window etc.
Core API for application development including:
- Virtual file system that provides an independent file system interface for application. With the VFS API, application can easily access different underneath file systems (such as remote file, Google drive API, Dropbox, etc) using an unique interface.
- Virtual database (VDB) API provides database access to applications that requires relational data database, such as Blogger, the application that i used to write this release note.
- Application interface that factilitates the development of new Application, Dialog, Service and so on.
- Notification API
- Supports of Google Drive API binding as VFS
- Automatically search an open files using mime type
AntOS comes with some default applications as a showcase:
- Market place: package manager
- NotePad: default text editor
- Files: default file manage
- Spotlight service: quick search of files and application
- Push notification services
- Terminal: accessing linux terminal from the web
- Preview: default PDF and image viewer
- Blogger: tool used for my blog
- Activity monitor: process monitor
- Markdown editor: Writing document with Markdown
- More to come on the MarketPlace...
- Theme is customizable, theme changing will be supported in the next road map
You can find more information on my Github repository https://github.com/lxsang/antos. A demo of the Web desktop is available at: https://os.lxsang.me/ using username and password: demo.
Change log for 0.1.11-alpha version:
- Improve stability
- Support global shortcut binding
- Adding Spotlight implementation, CTRL+SPACE to open it
- Adding search mechanism to API, allow user defined search handler for Spotlight
- Google drive API: allow Sportlight to search the Google Drive caches
- Automatic logout Google drive when user sign out the Web desktop
- Improve some application:
- MarketPlace is now fully implemented, it will be used as default package manager in future release
- Blogger application now support embedded youtube video
- Minor bug fix
- Virtual Database API now allows to select data by fields