Rust is a modern programing language which is claimed to be blazingly fast and memory-efficient. It syntactically similar to C++, but is designed to provide better memory safety while maintaining high performance and productivity:
- Zero cost abstraction: allow a perfect balance between performance and productivity
- Memory efficient with no runtime or garbage collector
- Memory safe: Rust does not permit null pointers, dangling pointers, or data races in safe code.
- Memory management using an ownership model guarantee memory-safety and thread-safety .
- Great documentation, easy to use compiler and integrated packages/libraries management
- Easy to interface with other language.
- A bit of learning curve for the variable ownership and variable lifetime features.